Much of the participation CASK receives from its membership centers around brewing competition and evaluation of beer. There’s is nothing more important to a brewer’s development than real time feedback from a beer that they’ve brewed. The CASK Interklub Competitions, held at our monthly meetings, are meant to provide brewers with valuable feedback, constructive criticism, recommendations for improvement, and recognition for well brewed beer. Brewers who have entered beers into monthly interklub competitions will, not only be evaluated against the classic style that they have entered, but they will also receive credit for the style brewed, which is attributed toward their Brewer Rankings.
Monthly CASK Interklub Competitions also provide a learning opportunity for those interested in evaluating beer as a BJCP judge or those who are just curious about the various styles of beer. From a judging standpoint, CASK competition organizers will always pair an experienced judge with another equally or less experienced judge. It is CASK’s intent to provide experienced and qualitative feedback on all entered beers in the form of score-sheets, which contain scores & comments for aroma, appearance, flavor, mouth-feel, and overall impression.
2017 Interklub Competition Schedule
- February – British Bitter, Category 11
- March – Pale Commonwealth Beer, Category 12 – example recipe: Australian Sparkling Ale
- April – German Wheat, Category 10
- May – International Lager, Category 2
- June – Amber/Brown American, Category 19
- July – FCC, No Interklub competition, enter FCC!
- August -Scottish Ale, Category 14
- September – All Ciders, Categories C1 & C2
- October – Abbaye Normal, Klub only Belgian Comp
- November – Clone Wars
- December – TBD
- January -Annual Banquet, No Competition
- February -All Meads, Categories M1, M2, M3, M4