Comp de L’abbaye Normale
Held annually, the Comp de L’abbaye Normale is a CASK only Belgian competition that is one of the most anticipated competitions on the brewing calendar. This year’s event will be held in a soon to be disclosed location. As this Belgian competition has evolved, we have received more and more support from the local craft breweries. This year is no different!
2017 Comp de L’abbaye Normale – (Klub Member Only) Belgian Competition has garnered support from most, if not all, of the major craft brewers in the Jacksonville area. The fortunate brewer who’s beer is selected as winner of the following categories, will have the honor of working with the associated head brewer and scaling up their recipe for mass consumption and ultimate glory. Please note the categories/breweries below:
Current Participating Breweries:
- Aardwolf – Brett fermented, with fruit or dry hopping. Must be an all bretttanmyces primary fermentation and include fruit or dry hopping. Base style, etc are brewers choice. Kettle souring is permitted but not required.
- Atlantic Beach Brewing Company – Belgian Golden Strong
- Bold City – Saison w/locally sourced ingredient
- Engine 15 – Belgian Pale Ale
- Green Room – Trappist Single with fruit
- Intuition Ale Works – Belgian Blonde
- Pinglehead – Trappist Single
- Wicked Barley – Belgian Dark Strong
- Hyperion – Witbier
- Entry Window opens: 9/27/2017
- Closes and entries due at JBI: 10/11/2017
- Pre-judging: 10/15/2017 @ 2pm at Aardwolf
- Final judging: 10/21/2017 @ 2pm at Aardwolf
- Brewers are allowed a maximum of three (3) total entries. Entries are $3 per beer.
- Only two entries are allowed per sub-category.
- Special Categories will be setup in Reggie to enter the non-traditional Belgian styles for this year’s comp:
- Beers entered into the other non-sponsored Belgian categories will be judged together to award a gold, silver, and bronze medal.