Comp de L’abbaye Normale
Held annually, the Comp de L’abbaye Normale is a CASK only Belgian competition that is one of the most anticipated competitions on the brewing calendar. This year’s event will be held in a soon to be disclosed location. As this Belgian competition has evolved, we have received more and more support from the local craft breweries. This year is no different!
2019 Comp de L’abbaye Normale – (Klub Member Only) Belgian Competition has garnered support from most, if not all, of the major craft brewers in the Jacksonville area. The fortunate brewer who’s beer is selected as winner of the following categories, will have the honor of working with the associated head brewer and scaling up their recipe for mass consumption and ultimate glory. Please note the categories/breweries below:
Current Participating Breweries:
- Legacy Ale Works: Belgian Dubbel
- Tabula Rasa Brewing: Saison
- Main & Six Brewing Company: Trappist Single
- Bottlenose Brewing: Belgian Wit
- Fishweir Brewing Company: Belgian Dark Strong (w/ or w/out fruit and/or wood)
- Entry Window opens: Monday, 09/16
- Closes and entries due at JBI: Friday, 10/04
- Pre-judging: 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, 10/12/2019 at Seven Bridges Grille & Brewery
- October’s Club Meeting social hour begins at 6 pm, followed by the official meeting starting at 7 pm.
- Brewers are allowed a maximum of three (3) total entries. Entries are $3 per beer.
- Only two entries are allowed per sub-category.
- You will need to provide (3) bottles per entry.