First Coast Cup Entry Rules
The First Coast Cup is an AHA/BJCP Sanctioned Competition, covering all 40 BJCP styles as described in the 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines (we may collapse categories if necessary based on the actual number of entries). This competition is a qualifying event for the Florida Circuit – points accumulated at this event will be counted toward The Florida Brewer and Brew Club of the year. This year’s event will be capped at 600 entries.
(Four (4) entries per brewer for the first week of open registration and then up to an additional three (3) beers for a total of seven (7) for the remainder of the entry window)
- Judging will be based on the new 2015 BJCP Style Guideline revisions. If you are not yet familiar with the changes in this revision, please read the guidelines for your entry styles, as all required information must be provided.
- Most judges will be BJCP judges and any novice judges will be paired with experienced BJCP judges. Our goal is to provide the best feed back possible for your entry.
- Judges are encouraged to enter the competition, but will not be allowed to judge any category in which they have entries
- The competition is open only to amateur brewers; commercial or BOP beers will be disqualified.
- You may enter only two entries per style subcategory.
- Each entry shall consist of three, preferably but not limited to, 11-12 oz. bottles; 7 oz. bottles are permissible for strong ale and mead categories. All commercial and homemade labels must be removed.
- Bottles should be free of identifying marks, no raised letters (Sam Adams bottles will be accepted). Bottle caps should be plain or have any markings inked or blacked out.
- Bottle must have labels attached by rubber band, preferably around the bottle neck – no glue or tape.
- The entry window opens June 26th and closes July 13th. If you are shipping entries to our Cellarmaster, please arrange to have them arrive between before July 13th . Entries received after July 14th may be disqualified at the discretion of the Cellarmaster.
- This competition will NOT accept entries using AHA paper entry forms and bottle labels; you must use the electronic entry system, which automatically updates the competition database.
- All entries must be properly labeled using the bottle labels produced by the electronic entry system. If you forget to print out the labels when entering, you can print out labels with the information that you will receive via e-mail confirming your entries. Entries are $7 each; please via PayPal (preferred method) or send a check for entry fees made out to Cowford Ale Sharing Klub with your entries.
- Note: The First Coast Cup has a special category called “Big Wood” wood-aged beer over 1.070 OG. Only 2 bottles required for the “BIG WOOD” special category.
- All score sheets will be returned to the address indicated on the entry form.
For questions please send an email to: email@example.com