Comp de L’abbaye Normale
Held annually, the Comp de L’abbaye Normale is a Belgian competition that is one of the most anticipated competitions on the brewing calendar. This year’s event will be held in a soon to be disclosed location. As this Belgian competition has evolved, we have received more and more support from the local craft breweries. This year is no different!
FOR 2020, WE ARE OPENING UP THE COMPETITION TO NON-KLUB MEMBERS IN LIEU OF THE FIRST COAST CUP
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF OUR WINNERS!
2020 Comp de L’abbaye Normale – Belgian Competition has garnered support from most, if not all, of the major craft brewers in the Jacksonville area. The fortunate brewer who’s beer is selected as winner of the following categories, will have the honor of working with the associated head brewer and scaling up their recipe for mass consumption and ultimate glory. This competition will be accepting all Belgian Substyles in the BJCP 2015 guidelines. Belgian Substyles that are not sponsored can be entered and will be judged against each for first, second, and third place medals.Please note the categories/breweries below:
Current Participating Breweries:
- Bold City – Biere de Garde
- Hyperion – Belgian Stout
- King Maker – Belgian Golden Strong Ale
- Lemonstreet – Belgian Tripel
- Ruby Beach – Saison
- SJ Brewing – Belgian Dubbel
- Tabula Rasa – Belgian Wit
- Important Dates
- Entry Window opens: Monday, 09/07/2020
- Closes and entries due at JBI: Friday, 09/25/2020
- Competition: 10/10/2020
- Entry limit per brewer will be 2 entries the first week of registration and if we do not hit the Competition max entry cap we will lift the entry cap to 3 entries per Brewer on 9/14.
- Entries are $6 per beer.
- Only two entries are allowed per sub-category.
- You will need to provide (3) bottles per entry.
- An individual may only win one sponsored category. If an individual winner wins more than one category they will select their preferred brewery to brew at and the 2nd place winner in the category not selected will brew at that category’s sponsoring brewery.