Comp de L’abbaye Normale
Held annually, the Comp de L’abbaye Normale is a Belgian competition that is one of the most anticipated competitions on the brewing calendar. As this Belgian competition has evolved, we have received more and more support from the local craft breweries. This year is no different!
FOR 2021, WE ARE OPENING UP THE COMPETITION TO NON-KLUB MEMBERS
2021 Comp de L’abbaye Normale – Belgian Competition has garnered support from most, if not all, of the major craft brewers in the Jacksonville area. The fortunate brewer who’s beer is selected as winner of the following categories, will have the honor of working with the associated head brewer and scaling up their recipe for mass consumption and ultimate glory. This competition will be accepting all Belgian Substyles in the BJCP 2015 guidelines. Belgian Substyles that are not sponsored can be entered and will be judged against each for first, second, and third place medals. Please note the categories/breweries below:
Current Participating Breweries:
- Bold City Brewery – Grisette
- King Maker Brewery – Witbier
- Bottlenose Brewing – Saison
- Legacy Ale Works – Hoppy Saison
- Fishweir Brewing – Seasonal spiced French/Belgian Dark Ale (Biere de Garde, Dubble, Belgian Dark Strong) with or without wood
- Leomonstreet Brewing – Dubbel
- Entry Window Opens: Friday, 08/27/2021 @ 8AM
- Closes and Entries due at Just Brew It: Friday, 09/10/2021
- Competition: 10/09/2021
- 120 Total Entries
- Entry limit per brewer will be 3 entries per brewer
- Entry Free: $4 CASK Members, $6 Non-CASK Members
- Only two entries are allowed per sub-category.
- You will need to provide (3) bottles per entry.
- An individual may only win one sponsored category. If an individual winner wins more than one category they will select their preferred brewery to brew at and the 2nd place winner in the category not selected will brew at that category’s sponsoring brewery.
- ALL judging in person at King Maker Brewing
- Sort/Label on 9/11 before the September Klub Meeting held at King Maker
- Judging begins Sunday 9/12
- Two judging weekends: 9/18 & 9/19; 9/24 & 9/25
- BOS and Final Judging Saturday 10/02