Join us for our February CASK Meeting at Seven Bridges Grille & Brewery! As usual, Interklub judging starts at 5:00 PM, Social Hour at 6:00 PM, and the Official Meeting at 7:00 PM. This month’s Interklub Competition is “Bocks” (BJCP Cat. 4C, 6C, 9A, 9B, 10C).
February and March Interklub categories have been set since last year, so hopefully you have been brewing and will be entering the upcoming Interklub Competitions! Categories for the rest of 2023 into the beginning of 2024 have now also been set. For these, CASK will officially be moving to the 2021 BJCP guidelines.
- February: Bocks (BJCP Cat. 4C, 6C, 9A, 9B, 10C)
- March: British & Irish Stouts (BJCP Cat. 15B, 15C, 16)
Updated 2023 Schedule:
- April: German Wheat Beers (BJCP Cat. 10 & 23A)
- May: Smoked Beers Are Back Baby! (BJCP Cat. 6B & 32)
- June: International & European Lagers: Amber & Dark (BJCP Cat. 2B, 2C, 3C, 3D, 4C, 6, 7A, & 8)
- July: First Coast Cup!
- August: Let’s Rye It! (BJCP Cat. 21B-Rye IPA, 27-Roggenbier & Sahti, & 31A (10-20% rye minimum))
- September: October Fest is Here (BJCP Cat. 4B & 6A)
- October: Abbaye Normale (BJCP Cat. 24, 25, 26)
- November: Autumn Ales & Winter Warmers (BJCP Cat. 30B & 30C)
- December: Officer Choice Competition (TBD)
- January (2024): CASK Annual Banquet
- February (2024): Meads (BJCP Cat. M1, M2, M3)
- March (2024): Wild and Sour (BJCP Cat. 23B thru G, 27-Lichtenhainer, 28, & X4A)
Just a reminder, our annual End of Year Banquet is coming up this Saturday, 11/14 @ 5PM. Kingmaker will be providing the main entrees – ribs and smoked turkey. You are encouraged to bring a potluck side to share. Also bring beer to share. That could be your homebrew or any commercial beer. If needed, also bring serving equipment for food and beer.
Remember, electronic voting for 2023 officers ends this Friday night. But you can still vote by paper at the banquet. Hope to see you there!
Join us for our December CASK Meeting! New members welcome. As usual Social Hour begins at 6pm followed by the meeting at 7pm. This months interklub is American/British Strong Ales (BJCP 17, 22).
Join us on Saturday 11/12 for our November CASK Meeting at Aardwolf Brewery! As usual Social Hour begins at 6:00 PM and the Meeting at 7:00 PM. This month’s interklub competition is CLONE WARS!
We are just one week out from Legacy Ale Works Homebrew Festival! Come join CASK from 2-5pm next Saturday and try over 20 different home brews from CASK. It should be a great time!
Get your tickets here: Legacy Ale Works Homebrew Festival
Join us for our October CASK Meeting at King Maker Brewery! As usual Social Hour begins at 6:00 PM and the Meeting at 7:00 PM. This month’s interklub is Abbaye Normale (BJCP Cats 24, 25, & 26)
Join us for our September CASK Meeting at Green Room Brewing! As usual interklub judging starts at 5:00 PM, Social Hour at 6:00 PM and the Meeting at 7:00 PM. This month’s interklub is Ciders (BJCP Cat C1 & C2)
Join us for our August CASK Meeting at Veterans United Brewery! As usual interklub judging starts at 5:00 PM, Social Hour at 6:00 PM and the Meeting at 7:00 PM. This month’s interklub is English Pale Ale (BJCP Cat 11, 12C).