Please join us at Reve Brewing Wednesday, September 18th from 5:30 – 7:00 for this month’s Pop-Up Happy Hour. We hope to see you there ~ Cheers!
What a great evening at we had at our September Club Meeting! It was great seeing so much socializing between CASK members Saturday night. Thank you Beer 30 for hosting our meeting this month and also thank you to those members that came out early to help judge our Interklub Competition.
Congratulations Clone War Winners!!!
- Gold: Joe Gilfus – Karmeliet Tripel
- Silver: Chris Dibble – Sam Adams Octoberfest
- Bronze: Ian Dibble – Angry Orchard Apple Cider
Other Important Events
- The Commander Saaz Competition will be held at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Saturday, September 20th and 21st. (entry window for this event is closed)
- The next competition on the Florida Beer Circuit is Best Florida Beer held in Tampa. The entry window is currently open and will close Wednesday, September 25th. However, John Peterson has volunteered to drive our entries to Tampa Saturday, September 21st. Please have your entries turned into Just Brew It by close of business Friday, September 20th.
- Our coveted Abbaye Normale Competition is Saturday, October 12th at Seven Bridges Grille & Brewery. If you are able to help judge for this event, we will begin the pre-judging at 10:00 am and our regular monthly meeting will be from 6 – 8 pm. Winners for each of the sponsored Belgian styles will be working along with a head brewer to upscale their recipe and have served to the public at that brewery! The entry window for this event will open Monday, September 16th and close on Friday, October 4th. Brewers are allowed a maximum of (3) total entries, are $3 each, and only (2) entries are allowed per sub-category. You will need to provide 3 bottles per entry.
- To enter your Abbaye Normale entries CLICK HERE!
List of Breweries Sponsoring Abbaye Normale Competition:
- Bottlenose Brewing: Belgian Wit
- Fishweir Brewing Company: Belgian Dark Strong (w/ or w/out fruit and/or wood)
- Legacy Ale Works: Belgian Dubbel
- Main & Six Brewing Company: Trappist Single
- Tabula Rasa Brewing: Saison
Thank you to the members that braved the storm and were able to join us at Brewer’s Pizza for our August meeting and also to the gracious hospitality that the Brewer’s Pizza staff provided to help make this another successful CASK event.
Congratulations to our Interklub Sour Beer Competition Winners!
Gold: Bob Hull (Sour Blond Ale)
Silver: Bill McDowell (Key Lime Gose)
Bronze: Chris Dibble co-brewer Ian Dibble (Lemongrass Gose)
Thank you so much to everyone that had a hand in helping make CASK’s 2019 First Coast Cup a successful competition. We could not have made this happen without each and every one of you that played a role. Congratulations to all of the medal winners and CASK appreciates your participation. ~Cheers!
Gus Vallarini/co-brewer Bill McDowell: Gold (Standard American Beer); Jesse Johnson Gold (Pale Bitter European Beer), Gold (Trappist Ale), Bronze (Strong Belgian Ale); Bob Hull Silver (Pale Bitter European Beer), Silver (American Wild Ale); Jeff Shannon Gold (Dark European Lager); Matthew Britton Silver (Brown British Beer); Leandro Britto Bronze (Strong American Ale); Joe Gilfus Silver (Belgian Ale); Chris Dibble Bronze (Spiced Beer); Ed Stansel Bronze (Fruit Mead); Dave Lemaire Silver (Big Wood); John Keane Bronze (Dark British Beer), Gold (Big Wood); Eric Lievers Gold (Scottish Ale), Silver (Strong American Ale), Gold (Historical Beer), Gold (Best of Show), tied 1st for Heavy Medal Winner!
To view the full list of First Coast Cup medalists, Click Here!
Pro’s vs. Joe’s Keg Competition Medalists
Pro’s: Main & Six (gold), Infinite (silver), Southern Swells (bronze)
Joe’s: Ron Minkoff (gold), David Poquette (silver), Shaun Newman (bronze)
Overall: David Poquette (gold)
Wow! Incredible turn out Saturday for FCC judging and our monthly meeting. We were generously hosted by Intuition Ale Works and appreciate them working with us and providing a great space for our club. Thank you everyone that came and helped out pulling entries and judging beer. We made a nice dent this weekend, but we need to keep up this momentum next weekend too!
Reminder: Judging for the FCC will resume at Intuition next Saturday (7/20) and Sunday (7/21) beginning at 10 am. We appreciate all of the help we had this weekend – Thank You!
CASK would like to thank all of our members that participated in this year’s Sunshine Challenge Competition in Orlando. Congratulations to the following medalists from this event!
Jason Click: Gold (American Light Lager); Rick Terrio: Silver (Czech Dark Lager); Richard Ten Hulzen: Silver (Amber Malty Euro Lager), Gold (German Wheat); Mike Murphy: Bronze (Dark Euro Lager),Gold (British Bitter), Bronze (British Bitter); Eric Lievers: Silver (Scottish Ale), Gold (IPA); Matt Britton: Bronze (Amber/Brown American Ale)
Thank you CASK members that were able to attend our June meeting at Atlantic Beach Brewing Company. We appreciate everyone that helped judge our Reve Wort Share Interklub Competition and congratulations to our winners! Our next month’s club meeting will be hosted by Intuition Ale Works. We hope to see you there!
Congratulations Reve Wort Share Winners!!!
Gold: Robert and Jennifer Hull (German Pilsner)
Silver: Jesse Johnson (Schwarzbier)
Bronze: Scott Peden (New England IPA)
CASK had a strong showing at the Hogtown Competition winning Silver as a club. Thank you to everyone that entered and congratulations to the following medalists!
Jason Click: (Gold) Pale/Amber Euro Lager; (Bronze) Amber Bitter Euro Beer Eric Lievers: (Gold) Irish/Scottish Ale Ian Dibble: (Bronze) Trappist Ale David Ankrom: (Silver) Specialty Cider/Perry Jeff Shannon: (Bronze) Dark Euro Lager Leandro Britto: (Bronze) Standard Cider/Perry Matt Britton: (Gold) Pale/Amber American Ale Bob Haavisto: (Silver) Irish/Scottish Ale Jesse Johnson: (Gold) Trappist Ale; (Gold) Intl. Czech Lager; (Bronze) BOS
Thank you Bold City Brewery for hosting our May club meeting and donating to our raffle! We appreciate everyone that was able to come out Saturday night and make this another successful CASK event. We had an impressive number entries for our Beer with <10 SRM Interklub Competition. So, a big thank you goes out to those members that came out early to help judge. We could not make this happen without your continued support!
Congratulations Interklub Competition Winners!
Gold: Richard Ten Hulzen (Krystalweizen)
Silver: Eric Lievers (American IPA)
Bronze: Jason Click (Munich Helles)
Congratulations to all of the CASK members that won medals last weekend at the Hurricane Blowoff Competition! Way to represent CASK!!!
Our award winners were:
Matt Britton – Silver (Standard American Beer), Mike Murphy – Bronze (Dark Euro Lager), David Ankrom – Silver (Standard Cider and Perry), Jesse Johnson – Bronze (Strong American Ale) – Bronze (Spiced Beer), Richard Ten Hulzen – Gold (Historical Beer) Bronze- (Standard Cider and Perry).