- *** Legacy Ale Works has cancelled their Wort Share *** due to a low turnout in signups. They will look to bring this up again later in the Fall so maybe the cooler weather will bring more people out
- We will host a pop-up Happy Hour at Southern Swells on Wednesday, August 23rd at 5:30pm. See Facebook for the event details and we hope to see everyone there!
- Legacy will be hosting our September CASK meeting on Sept 9th
- Interklub Competition will be Oktoberfest! Märzens and Festbiers!
- Entry registration is open for Comp de L’abbaye Normale! Get your best Belgians bottled and take a look at our website for rules and to see which breweries are sponsoring which categories this year.
- Reggie is open for judge sign-up, a few of you have, but we are going to need a few more. Please take a look at the schedules both on the webpage and in Reggie and consider signing up to help.
- The 2023 Palatka Craft Beer Festival is coming up on November 18th at Riverfront Memorial Park in Palatka. Sherri, Marshall and Bob are pouring beers and are looking for a few more volunteers (and maybe a beer or two to pour) for that event. We’ve heard great feedback about the festival and even if you don’t want to pour, you should check out the festival!
Thank you Myrtle Avenue Brewery for hosting CASK’s August club meeting! It was warm one for those who attended, but a fun crowd that got to also enjoy a Jaguar’s pre-season victory.
The “Let’s Rye It” Interklub Competition saw some very high scores from our judges this evening! A big congratulations goes out to our medalists!!!
Jesse Johnson: Gold (Roggenbier)
Todd Lawrence: Silver (Rye Pale Ale)
Fay Terrio: Bronze (Rye IPA)
Jeff Curtis: Honorable Mention (Roggenbier)
Reminders & Upcoming Events:
- Entry registration opens this Monday August 7th for Comp de L’abbaye Normale! Get your best Belgians ready and take a look at our website for rules and to see which breweries are sponsoring which categories this year.
- Entry registration is open for Sunshine Challenge! Entry total is past 80% so make sure to enter your beers soon if you haven’t already!
- Legacy Ale Works is holding a wort share on Saturday August 26th at 9am
- Fill this form out if you’re interested so we know who will participation. If you’re taking part in this years Legacy Homebrew Fest, this is a great opportunity to get your base for that beer!
- Commander Saaz Competition entries need to be dropped off at Just Brew It by 5pm Wednesday, July 26th.
- Sunshine Challenge entry window opens Tuesday, August 1st – August 25th.
- Comp de L’abbaye Normale entry window opens Monday, August 7th – September 21st.
Thank you Flying Fish Taphouse for hosting CASK’s June club meeting. The delicious food, the tasty beer, and the welcoming atmosphere was enjoyed by everyone that attended. Tonight’s Interklub Competition was Amber and Dark Lagers and there were many great beers judged!
Congratulations to our Interklub Medalists!!!
- Gold: Todd Lawrence (Schwarzbier)
- Silver: Jeff Curtis (Czech Dark Lager)
- Bronze: Jason Click (International Amber Lager)
- Honorable Mention: Rick Terrio w/ Fay Terrio (Czech Amber Lager)
What an amazing afternoon for our 3rd Annual Murray Hill Pub Crawl! The weather was amazing, the beer was delicious, and the turn out was over the top!
Thank you to The Stout Snug, Buchner’s Bierhalle, The Flamingo, Perfect Rack Billiards, Town Beer Company, and Fishweir Brewing Company for hosting each stop along the pub crawl this afternoon, and lastly to all of the participants that came out to help support CASK. We can’t wait to put on next year’s event!
Great job CASK!!! We took home a total of 22 medals and took second place in Heavy Medals. Congratulations to each of our medalists!!!
Thank you Tepeyolot Cervercia’s for hosting our May CASK Meeting! It was a good turnout this evening and our judges had their work cut out for them as the Smoked Beer scores in tonight’s Interklub Competition were tight!
Congratulations to the Medalists!!!
- Gold: Jesse Johnson (Rauchbier)
- Silver: Rick Terrio w/ Fay Terrio (English Porter w/ Rye & Smoked Cherrywood)
- Bronze: Ryan Anderson w/ Therese Anderson (Rauchbier)
- Honorable Mention: Fay Terrio w/ Rick Terrio (English Porter w/ Smoked Cherrywood)