It was a nice Fall evening to gather for our monthly club meeting. Thank you Bottlenose Brewery for hosting CASK and also for honoring all of the Veterans that made it out tonight. It was a great way to recognize our country’s service members! 🇺🇸
Congratulations to our Interklub Medalists for Autumn Ales & Winter Warmers:
- Gold: Todd Lawrence (American Strong Ale w/ light spices & toasted marshmallow)
- Silver: Connor Skelton (American Brown Ale w/ maple, nutmeg, & molasses)
- Bronze: Rick Terrio w/ Fay Terrio (Oatmeal Stout w/ sweet potato & molasses)
- Honorable Mention: Jesse Johnson (Pumpkin Ale w/ roasted pumpkin and pumpkin pie spices)
Reminders & Upcoming Events
- Best Florida Beer award ceremony is Saturday, November 18th. Check out social media for the video link; we’ll share as soon as we know it!
- The 2023 Palatka Craft Beer Festival is also on Saturday, November 18th. Remember to check out tickets online and come drink some great beer and support CASK; we will be pouring at the event!
- Upcoming Interklub Competition
- February (2024) – Meads (BJCP Cat. M1, M2, M3)
- March (2024) – Wild and Sour (BJCP Cat. 23B thru G, 27-Lichtenhainer, 28, & X4A)
- April 2024 – March 2025 categories to be determined by 2024 officers!
- Nominations for 2024 CASK Officers will open up at this week’s meeting. Nominations will remain open through the December meeting at which point we will open up voting and then we will announce the new officers at this years banquet. Feel free to reach out to any current officer if you have questions on their role.
- Our annual banquet will be at Legacy Ale Works on January 13th at 6pm. We will have BBQ available for dinner and we will announce 2024 officers, as well as announce the winners of Member of the Year, Brewer of the Year, Medal of the Year and current club rankings!